Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Is anyone surprised by my next choice of print?

AKA, more florals. No, not surprised? Okay, good. I like to meet expectations, of course. 


This is my second (successful) version of Butterick 5748. My first one turned out pretty darn well, if I do say so myself. My second one (unblogged) was a couple of inches too small. Even though I used the same size. Even though I haven't gained that much weight. So for this version, because I loved this print so much and didn't want to ruin more fabric, I added quite a bit of room all over. And then, of course, had to take out all of the extra room, and then some.

This was 2 yards of some fairly slinky gray/blue floral print from Hancock Fabrics, which I probably picked up for about $1.50 per yard. (Side note - I can't imagine myself ever caring enough about type of fabric to do a burn test. Sorrynotsorry, you'll have to settle for my ridiculous descriptions. :) I really only care about the print, always and forever.)


I love the back of this dress (along with a beautiful view of my healing sunburn). However, I can't imagine the back of this will ever be seen in real life, because...


While I was putting the finishing touches on the inside (aka serging some seams)...I made a big boo-boo. I cut a HUGE hole in there, and this was my lazy effort to fix it. It probably won't last for long, I'll have to go back and find a longer-term solution. That hasn't stopped me from wearing it so far, though...and my mom even said she likes this one! Something about it being more "subtle," ha.


What's your most recent disaster? Or "make it work" moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment